Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Obama Yes We Can - but Can I?

I used this video in my media studies class today to introduce propaganda. The students were really engaged in the presentation. It's so interesting to me to watch them change their behavior, body language, increase their focus - during a multimedia presentation. It is how THEY learn. I get it. But I also think we need to be careful - so many young people have a hard time taking notes, fully focusing on what is being said in a classroom by a plain old boring teacher. They need that skill too. Sorry if there aren't technicolor flames shooting out my. . . head all day long! Accompanied by a motivational soundtrack! Sometimes I just need to TELL you something, and you just need to listen. Fully listen. Put down the cell phone, pull out the headphones, put down the pen, eat the skittles later. . . Am I a control freak??

No comments: